Viveport account profile Location different than Store Location = Cant' purchase

Hello all,

Any help will be appreciated.

I created my Viveport account, which is correctly set in the US.
I tried to sign up for an Infinity subscription2 days ago and somehow, my location in the store in United Arad Emirates so the pricing is displayed as UAE currency. 

Anybody knows how to change the Location setting in the Store if it can be done?

I have to add that something was up with the Viveport platform when I tried to purchase the subscription 2 days ago.
I recorded the weird loops I was stuck in. The plans options changed on me. I couldn't log out. My membership status was switching from "Light Member" to "Infinity" , I think (I couldn't tell, the status was flickering rapidly and drop down menu would vanish in less than a second...)  I kept landing back on the homepage when I clicked the "Claim Offer Now" button...

Anyhow, I'd like to buy a subscription before the current promotional deal ends on 01/04/21 so if anyone can provide  assistance, I'll be grateful.

(I did submit a customer support ticket 2 days ago but response time is up to 3 business days so I might not hear back until after 01/04/21)

Thank you.
Olivier

Viveport_Account_Profile_LI.jpg

Viveport_Account_Store_Profile_LI.jpg

Hello VibrantNebula,

I appreciate the reply and help but I'm not sure I am going to get the support I need from your CS team before the end of the promotion.

I did receive an e-mail confirmation of the CS ticket you created but it is the same generic response I received last week when I submitted my own CS ticket.  It says I can expect a response within 24 to 72 hours. The Holiday promotion is over in 12 hours...

Any way you can tag the ticket as "Urgent"?

Thank you.
Olivier

Update:

I created a second Viveport account, with a different e-mail address. Before setting it up, I cleared my browser's history, including cookies.

The same issue happened again: My profile location was set to US.  I made sure to set up the store location to US also (took a screenshot).
When I went to purchase an Infinity yearly subscription, the store location was again UAE. Frustrating, to say the least.

I hope your CS team will be able to get back to me in a timely manner AND, as importantly, extend the promotional price + free games I would have received if not for the issue on your platform.

Regards,
Olivier

Viverport_Sign-up_New_Account_Store_Setting.png

Viverport_Sign-up_New_Account_Store_Setting_02.png

Viverport_Sign-up_New_Account_Store_Setting_03.jpg

Viverport_Sign-up_New_Account_Store_Setting_04.png

@bandwfrog The country selection is often geo-located for legal reasons (content availability is region specific). My best guess is that you might be encountering issues due to where you IP address is resolving to geographically. It might be an ISP thing or it might be a VPN/proxy at play. You could theoretically have malware that's redirecting your internet thru a proxy without you knowing.

@VibrantNebula

I do not believe the issue to be IP address-related.  If that were the case, I have to think that both my account profile and store profile would be synced to the wrong country.  This was not the case. 
Furthermore, I go on plenty of sites, make purchases online regularly and this has never happened. Only on the Viveport platform.

With regards to malware infection: Highly doubtful.  I set up the Viveport account on a brand new (less than a week old) gaming computer.  All set up with anti-virus/malware protection.  And I had gone on no more than 3 or 4 websites, including Viveport's,  when I  created the Viveport account to purchase an Infinity subscription.

I'd be more than happy to send you the two video clips I took of the erratic behavior that  was happening on the website.  I can't upload them since they're both over 80Mb.

On a related note: My customer support ticket has now gone 4 days without getting a response from the CS agent handling it.  I asked  him  to  escalate the ticket to your next tier of support or to a supervisor if he is unable to provide an adequate resolution to the issue I encountered on your platform.
If you have any way to make my request move up the chain, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Olivier

• 3 months later...

I solved this issue at least for my usage and I did it through a little help from a single first comment in response by asking help on a Facebook VR related group. The problem was in the websites setup when creating the account because it was hiding one of the user form fields that needed input. For me at least it had nothing to do with my ISP, bank, geolocation, language, a vpn being on, or a proxy being needed. You see what happened at least for me was it wasn't showing the Zip Code field on the Set Store Location page even though United States was already selected. So people have been bypassing the Zip Code field and it still registers the signing up as being complete after that. For some strange reason it 100% needs that field enabled and typed in with the zip location. Otherwise every person that signs up with the United States location get stuck with being located in the UAE and then having to pay in AED currency. Viveport I am confident that this is the valid solution to this problem and I didn't use customer support from you to figure it out, I didn't have to make a ticket about it and have you all try solving it. Now can you just accept that it was the way the website was setup to work not other's direct fault and resolve the problem for others by patching this bug before it occurs for them? It really makes people not want to use HTC especially for support and angers customers.

[HERE'S THE SOLUTION I FOUND]: I clicked on the location menu that said United States then changed it to a completely different country afterwards such as United Arab Emigrates then back to United States then after I clicked off the menu it suddenly gave me access to the zip location. Then after just entering that zip location literally this being the only difference from my previous attempts at setting this signing up it actually finally worked then. I now see USD being payable as a currency.]