Moving a VivePort game to another Drive

TomCgcmfc

I have a few large VivePort games (eg Seeking Dawn) that would run and load much faster from my  C drive (SSD) than on my D drive (HDD = VP default).  Most smaller games do not make much difference.  I do this with some of my Oculus and Steam store games using their simple move option.  Unfortunately this option does not appear to be available on VivePort.  Maybe I'm missing something?  Or maybe it's something that should be added.  Thanks.

Edited by TomCgcmfc
added info

• 2 months later...

Hi, try this :

1- Open Viveport Desktop

2- change default folder to your new destination (in Settings > Default folder for Viveport titles > change to your new destination)

2- go to Library and search for your application/game > left click on the 3 dots button > click Repair

In the repair process, files are automatically transfered to your new destination folder.

Works for me, hope this can help you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robert D. said:

Hi, try this :

1- Open Viveport Desktop

2- change default folder to your new destination (in Settings > Default folder for Viveport titles > change to your new destination)

2- go to Library and search for your application/game > left click on the 3 dots button > click Repair

In the repair process, files are automatically transfered to your new destination folder.

Works for me, hope this can help you.

Thanks but I already know how to change the default destination.  What I want to be able to do is to leave most of my games on my HDD and put a few more complex (longer loading times) on my SSD.  You can do this with Steam and Oculus but not VivePort.

This feature is commonly called content "Hot Swapping" in PC gaming. Viveport unfortunately does not support hot swapping right now.

You can try to fake out the repair system by manipulating "library" path temporarily but otherwise it's not a current feature.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VibrantNebula said:

This feature is commonly called content "Hot Swapping" in PC gaming. Viveport unfortunately does not support hot swapping right now.

You can try to fake out the repair system by manipulating "library" path temporarily but otherwise it's not a current feature.

So both Oculus and Steam can do this but not Vive?  How embarrassing, lol!