Infinity HOLDING new Content from paid Annual Subscribers

Well Ill be darned, HTC Viveport & Infinity found a new way to get funds out of their subscriber's.

So lets see some of us. Viveport came out and we had to purchase. Several years in fact by some.

Then infinity comes out, pay the extra.

Now a curve ball, if you are like most enthusiast's.

You probably purchased a second head set, perhaps a game, or controllers.

And receive a month here or there of free months of viveport. Great! 

I dont have to pay until DECEMBER 2021. A full year away!!!! (Since April 2018 BTW)

Well. New content like  PHASMOPHBIA, is ONLY available if you SIGN UP AGAIN for annual BUT PAY MONTHLY.

So in other words, it wants another $11 Canadian rupees today and will bill me monthly starting DECEMBER 2021 or JAN 2022 a new REOCCURING CHARGE!!

We purchased viveport and infinity to EXPERIENCE new developers. Not to be HELD UP BY VIVE!

VIVEPORT wants $11 today for subscription and agree to continue after for a year or pay $15 for the game.

How can you ask me to commit to paying you in toady and MORE IN 12months?

COME ON!

I would rather pay the DEVELOPER $15.00 then pay VIVEPORT more money.

Too sad VIVEPORT is turning their backs on those of us that supported their platform  and PAID FOR YEARS OF SERVICE UP FRONT!!

At the start of Viveport, the content was very shallow! Besides a few Gems, But not worth the $ we spent on it! Hours are 100 for steam and 0.25 for Viveport.

They will only refund VIVEPORT subscriptions because of a technical problem! This is a problem!

I have sent a request/ticket to the Viveport help desk.

Ill update when they update me!.

Load 

OUt!

2 minutes ago, LoadEnt said:

Well Ill be darned, HTC Viveport & Infinity found a new way to get funds out of their subscriber's.

So lets see some of us. Viveport came out and we had to purchase. Several years in fact by some.

Then infinity comes out, pay the extra.

Now a curve ball, if you are like most enthusiast's.

You probably purchased a second head set, perhaps a game, or controllers.

And receive a month here or there of free months of viveport. Great! 

I dont have to pay until DECEMBER 2021. A full year away!!!! (Since April 2018 BTW)

Well. New content like  PHASMOPHBIA, is ONLY available if you SIGN UP AGAIN for annual BUT PAY MONTHLY.

So in other words, it wants another $11 Canadian rupees today and will bill me monthly starting DECEMBER 2021 or JAN 2022 a new REOCCURING CHARGE!!

We purchased viveport and infinity to EXPERIENCE new developers. Not to be HELD UP BY VIVE!

VIVEPORT wants $11 today for subscription and agree to continue after for a year or pay $15 for the game.

How can you ask me to commit to paying you in toady and MORE IN 12months?

COME ON!

I would rather pay the DEVELOPER $15.00 then pay VIVEPORT more money.

Too sad VIVEPORT is turning their backs on those of us that supported their platform  and PAID FOR YEARS OF SERVICE UP FRONT!!

At the start of Viveport, the content was very shallow! Besides a few Gems, But not worth the $ we spent on it! Hours are 100 for steam and 0.25 for Viveport.

They will only refund VIVEPORT subscriptions because of a technical problem! This is a problem!

I have sent a request/ticket to the Viveport help desk.

Ill update when they update me!.

Load 

OUt!

Forgot the STEAM Link. More fair then VIVEPORT

https://store.steampowered.com/app/739630/Phasmophobia/

Support these DEV's!

@LoadEnt - One of Viveport's primary activities behind the scenes creates deals and partnerships with developers to onboard "premium" and popular paid content onto Viveport. This often involves establishing paid partnerships to developers in order to achieve specific goals. In the case of Phasmaphobia - the developer was not interested in entering a standard Viveport Infinity deal and we could only reach a deal around specific promotions and potential user-groups, specifically our Holiday 2020 promotion under a specific set of terms. Our ability to partner with devs is going to vary from studio to studio and from title to title. To be 100% clear, and our goal is onboard as many quality titles into Infinity as possible but it isn't always going to be possible and this is an example where we were were able to strike some form of deal with the dev rather than non at all. Contrast this to our Saints and Sinners situation, a premium and top title, which we were able to strike a deal with to enable all annual members to access. Similarly we just added Moss which is available to both monthly and annual and we're adding Superhot soon. Phasmaphobia does not represent a shift in our platform strategy and I'm sorry you feel slighted - it's a case specific situation.

That said, for that annual sub, you're getting access to Phasmaphobia and many hundreds of other titles as well as whatever we onboard in 2021 so it's kind of apples and oranges. And you're technically supporting the dev by getting the deal on Viveport because the dev is being paid a specific way under the agreement.

(I'm on the content team so I am 100% sure my statement is accurate)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I guess this game bundle is incentive to get new users onboard so kind of understandable.

However what I fail to understand who is setting price in euros if the guy knows math? Promo page says 8$/month which is 96$ but this somehow translates to 108euro ??  Euro is around 1,22$ so euro price should be ~78 , how the heck you can come up with +30eur (108) ? I guess someone multiplied dollar price instead of dividing it...seems like outright scam to EU customers rather than conversion mistake.