Infinity Membership Question

Syberchick70

Hey - I'm thinking about snagging this Annual Infinity Membership deal, but I'm not sure how it works with the games being removed from the library and new games added. Like, if I'm in the middle of playing a game and it cycles out of the Viveport library, do I just get cut off from the game and tough luck? 

Hello @Syberchick70,

In broad terms, there are two types of ways that content lands into Infinity. The first is when a developer opts into Infinity on their own. The second is when they enter into Infinity as part of a distribution agreement/partnership with Viveport. Viveport has a standard platform agreement which at a high level provides for a 60 day sunset when a piece of content begins the process of opting out of Infinity. There are this and a few other backend measures which limit the impact of content cycling out on the end-user.

I haven't really seen any complaints about this type of scenario except in situations where someone has let their subscription lapse for a long time (6-12 months+) and try to access a title that has had a status change a long time ago.