Sign in to follow this  
MatthewAiden

What is viveport? What is steam VR? Confused.

I recently got a vive. I'm loving it. Every time i start steam VR, the vive software starts up as well. I absolutely do not use it at all. All my games are on steam. So I simply close the vive application.

What exactly is viveport and the vive application? Why would valve try to confuse its users by having 2 different applications for VR games?

Is it safe to remove the vive application without breaking my ability to play VR games on my headset? If I can remove them, is there anything beside the vive application I should remove as well?

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MatthewAiden said:

I recently got a vive. I'm loving it. Every time i start steam VR, the vive software starts up as well. I absolutely do not use it at all. All my games are on steam. So I simply close the vive application.

What exactly is viveport and the vive application? Why would valve try to confuse its users by having 2 different applications for VR games? https://omegle.onl/ vshare

Is it safe to remove the vive application without breaking my ability to play VR games on my headset? If I can remove them, is there anything beside the vive application I should remove as well?

issue got solved!!

Edited by MatthewAiden