Sign in to follow this  
MatthewAiden

Not sure whats wrong? PC cannot detect HTC VIVE

i just bought a rtx3080 a week ago, plugged it in played VR and it was amazing, i then decided to reformat my pc.

I played LEAGUE/POE for maybe a week and then decided its time to go back to VR and have some fun. Every time i plug in my HTC VIVE i get a "windows has detected a malfunctioned USB" and get the vive 108 error which cannot detect a VR headset. (*red light is on my headset on the side constantly)

I have spent at least 8 hours trouble shooting. Reinstalling / uninstalling drivers, updating bios/drivers/usb. Unplugging/re-plugging the 3 in 1, connecting it directly to my PC but keeping the power into the link box. I have ordered a new 3 in 1 cable and tried that, same issue. I have tried every usb slot. I have tried restarting 400 times while doing most of these attempts. I have played with settings i cannot even remember.

2 hours ago, MatthewAiden said:

i just bought a rtx3080 a week ago, plugged it in played VR and it was amazing, i then decided to reformat my pc.

I played LEAGUE/POE for maybe a week and then decided its time to go back to VR and have some fun. Every time i plug in my HTC VIVE i get a "windows has detected a malfunctioned USB" and get the vive 108 error which cannot detect a VR headset. (*red light is on my headset on the side constantly)

I have spent at least 8 hours trouble shooting. Reinstalling / uninstalling drivers, updating bios/drivers/usb. Unplugging/re-plugging the 3 in 1, connecting it directly to my PC but keeping the power into the link box. I have ordered a new 3 in 1 cable and tried that, same issue. I have tried every usb slot. I have tried restarting 400 times while doing most of these attempts. I have played with settings i cannot even remember.SHAREit Appvn

ISSUE GOT SOLVED!!!