Sign in to follow this  
MatthewAiden

Multiplayer co-op offline?

I'm looking to hook two to three computers to sync an offline co-op multiplayer training program... there's instances of three vives working with their respective computers using the same lighthouses, so the only issue left is having the PCs talk to each other without internet capability (tower-stored game on all three) so that each user can work interactively and in tandem.

Has anyone ever tries this before - and are there any potential solutions?  Basically the three PCs would work as a server, of sorts, to play the game for all three members in a co-op (same game) environment.

Depends on how the app if coded. You'd need to have LAN support implemented. If you didn't develop the app - you're at the will of your app's developers and whatever netcode they implemented. Alot of apps are coded to use remote servers and don't have LAN implemented. @MatthewAiden

If building the project yourself, Unet has LAN capabilities in Unity: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UNetManagerHUDLanMode.html It doesn't seem like photon has strong LAN support. UE4's build in networking supports LAN as well.

On 9/5/2020 at 1:49 PM, MatthewAiden said:

I'm looking to hook two to three computers to sync an offline co-op multiplayer training program... there's instances of three vives working with their respective computers using the same lighthouses, so the only issue left is having the PCs talk to each other without internet capability (tower-stored game on all three) so that each user can work interactively and in tandem.

Has anyone ever tries this before - and are there any potential solutions?  Basically the three PCs would work as a server, of sorts, to play the game for all three members in a co-op (same game) environment.

About 2 years ago I have decided to try and do some gaming with my SO as a passtime besides watching tv.

I equipped us with an Nvidia Shield as well as 2 xbox controllers and started an adventure across mostly co-op games that are available on steam or via android store.

I am not going to sort this list in any order, this list contains games we enjoyed heavily and I would recommend for anyone wishing to snuggle up on a couch to play together.https://9apps.ooo/

Edited by MatthewAiden