DAnEq

how can i display 360 image in htc vive?

it is necessary to display the image not on the virtual display, but in order to view it from the inside. Now I use the virtual desktop program, but the image in it is twice as large as if viewed on a computer

фото 360.jpg

@DAnEq SteamVR has a built in media player that can always be a helpful sanity check. Go to SteamVR -> Media player. Drag and drop your file and then chose 360 mono. 

For me the image is rendering correctly from a technical standpoint but the image composition itself is flawed. The prospective of the camera is only 1M or so off of the ground and is really close to the counter. When doing these types of shots - the camera needs to be at a standard eye-level for your target audience (~1.3-.1.9m; sex and ethnicity play into this) not too close to any object in the environment because closer objects occupy up more angular resolution. The camera is basically set up from the prospective of a child at that height hence why everything looks bigger (at least to an adult). The camera generally should be at least 1m away from objects to prevent this type of scale distortion. 

image.png.b99cd1525cde88fdabb61f4ab6dc663f.png

thanks, I'll try
Did you check on a computer or a helmet?
Does the media player play the image in the helmet on the virtual monitor or just in the helmet from the viewpoint?

in my staemvr media player i cant drug and drop any file
what can i do ?

when i drag the file nothing happens
in the player window does not respond to the mouse either

@DAnEq - I can't reproduce that unfortunately. Works fine for me (aside from the image composition itself being weird). 

There aren't a ton of free VR viewers. Whirlygig has a free version you could try and there's virtual desktop. In any case, if you're viewing it in Virtual desktop and the scaling/proportions are weird - that's because the image composition is flawed per my previous comments.

image.thumb.png.6f739013ab364d681f3c8ee1c9f0e984.png