Set controller type for Oculus Quest?

Unbe

@Syberchick70 - What is your specific problem? I may be able to provide guidance. The most common complaint people have with it is that the sprint command is mapped weirdly.

S&S is specifically running on Viveport through Oculus' runtime and not SteamVR. If it were piped through SteamVR, you'd have some options (e.g. Input Emulator) but Oculus has their systems on lockdown and doesn't support remapping within their native compositor. The way S&S is coded, always makes it launch through Oculus, I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to launch in SteamVR.

869826438_SS.thumb.png.2b2a99b908abf34277d57bc2e9aae650.png

On 1/20/2021 at 4:48 PM, VibrantNebula said:

@Syberchick70 - What is your specific problem? I may be able to provide guidance. The most common complaint people have with it is that the sprint command is mapped weirdly.

S&S is specifically running on Viveport through Oculus' runtime and not SteamVR. If it were piped through SteamVR, you'd have some options (e.g. Input Emulator) but Oculus has their systems on lockdown and doesn't support remapping within their native compositor. The way S&S is coded, always makes it launch through Oculus, I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to launch in SteamVR.

869826438_SS.thumb.png.2b2a99b908abf34277d57bc2e9aae650.png

Oh! Thank you for replying.
The main issue I'm having is that my directional controls seem to be mixed up, and I don't see a way to say "mirror joystick direction" or something like that. At first I was stuck on the start menu, but I messed around with the controller mapping until I was able to get beyond that, but it just seems really awkward and honestly unplayable the way it is right now. That map looks helpful though.

@Syberchick70 - so your controls are "inverted" - you press up on the left thumbstick but walk backwards?

Are you using Virtual Desktop?

The only other reference to this issue I can find is when people are using Virtual Desktop or ALVR. I see a few threads about people on the G2 but that's using SteamVR so different issue.

Is SteamVR open when you're playing?

22 hours ago, VibrantNebula said:

@Syberchick70 - so your controls are "inverted" - you press up on the left thumbstick but walk backwards?

Are you using Virtual Desktop?

The only other reference to this issue I can find is when people are using Virtual Desktop or ALVR. I see a few threads about people on the G2 but that's using SteamVR so different issue.

Is SteamVR open when you're playing?

Yes, the movement controllers are inverted and yes I use Virtual Desktop, but that just projects whatever is on my computer to my headset. I would have the same issue if the headset were connected via the Oculus Link cable.
I'm not sure about Steam being open. I'm not that familiar with how VivePort works, doesn't it basically run games through SteamVR? If so, then I think SteamVR is open. I haven't tried to play TWD in a while because of this issue. I've played several other games through VivePort without any controller issues (The Room, Moss, Obduction)

Edited by Syberchick70

@Syberchick70 That inversion thing is actually a specific known bug between Virtual Desktop and Saints and Sinners. It affects the Steam build too. Virtual Desktop doesn't work perfectly with all games - it's a mod at best and it's not like it's a natively supported solution. The behavior would actually probably be different if using a Link Cable if the problem actually is Virtual Desktop. If you haven't tried link - that's possibly the best current solution.

There are a bunch of scattered threads on it. Hard to find via search because people are using different terms but it seems like a common virtual desktop thing.

There's a discord link in the top link here. I recommend trying there.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/916840/discussions/0/1750148267253290046/

On ALVR

• Like 1