Unbe

Set controller type for Oculus Quest?

I'm using an Oculus Quest to access Viveport Infinity through ALVR. It works great. Only problem is that Viveport seems to think I have a Vive HMD and it assumes the wrong controllers and mappings.

Is there any way I can tell it I am using Oculus controllers? 

Hey,  I’m having exactly the same problem. The only difference for me is that I’m using Virtual Desktop. Have you found a sulotion yet?

So far only Summer funland and Pierhead arcade. Both had the same issue though.

I never set up the headset (as I was already using steam with the Quest), I tried running the viveport setup with the headset as a Rift, then hit skip when it wanted to reinstall steam.  After that I got the Vive button in Steam Home and was able to go to Viveport.  It seemed there it recognised that I had a 'rift' (Showed the correct controllers and suggested Rift games).   I still get a warning message in the desktop app when I download Rift compatible games, that 'this game is not compatible with your HMD' 

I haven't tried my games yet. Not sure if I will need to reinstall them.  Hopefully it will work now - I'll keep you posted.   

Update:  I downloaded Angry Birds from the desktop app. Got the 'HMD not supported' error, but when I ran it, it worked and gave me Oculus Touch controllers.  I tried pixel ripped (installed previously) and it still had the wrong controllers. Maybe I have to uninstall and reinstall it.   

Ah, ok. I did something similar: I’ve been using my rift s on steam and had also previously used quest with link. For some reason I don’t have the vive button on Steam home though. How exactly do you get that?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ppaulo242 said:

For some reason I don’t have the vive button on Steam home though. How exactly do you get that?

I'm not sure. It appeared after I went back and clicked on Rift in the 'set up HMD' bit - I hit skip when it wanted to reinstall steam.

*edit* - I can't remember, but it's possible I accessed the desktop from Steam and clicked on 'viveport VR' in the desktop app.

Edited by Unbe

Cool, thanks, I’ll check it out. The funny thing though is that when I use my rift s it recognises it as a rift s and when I tried the games they have the touch controllers. But when I switch to quest it thinks it’s a vive. Also, I just remembered that when I setup  viveport I used the rift s not the quest. Don’t know it that matters in any way.