Drepanox

Moving Viveport infinity games and saved progress data from one PC to another

I am in the need to move my games to a new PC, and I do not want to lose my game progress in some of my games.

Is there anything I can do to get my game data from my old PC to my new PC so I do not lose all the progress I have from when I played the games on my old PC? I currently have viveport and VR working great on my new PC, but when I download the same titles that are on my old PC, then on my new PC it just like starting a brand new games, and I have lost all of the progress I made before.

Hi, 

If you copy the folders for Viveport from your old PC onto an external HDD, then copy them over to the new folder in the exact same place, you SHOULD be able to hold onto your saves. It's a bit of work but that should solve your problem. Try that and let me know how if it did or didn't work. 

Hi, thanks for the reply! 😊

I have tried this and it didn't work for any of my games. As you can see in the attached screen shots I tried to move all my folders to the new computer that were under the "Viveport" directory. I left the directory structure the same as well, using the "ViveApps" directory and placing all the game directories in the "ViveApps" directory. You can see in the screen shot that the ViveApps directory contains folders for each game and those folder names are unique identifiers, and as you can see inside the second screen shot, it is showing the contents of one of those game folders where their are long numbers as the name of the folders and it seems like each of these folders are download instances of my game. The folder with 1/1/2020 timestamp was the one copied over to my new computer, then viveport would not recognize that game and it re-downloaded the game to my PC and it recognized that unique identifier folder under ViveApps and it put a entire new folder inside of that one right next to the folder that contained the copied files. Viveport will only play the newly downloaded games, even if I try to copy the new folder name and rename the old folder with the new folders name, but still I get nothing. Viveport does not contain any of my save data.

I even searched my PC and found game related files in the "Users>AppData" folders and under the "My Documents" and copied all those over to the exact same places on my new computer and still I did not have any of my save data.

step1.PNG

step2.PNG

Edited by Drepanox
mispellings and forgot something.

Thanks for getting back to me @Drepanox

After moving those files over, in your "Library" you should see, on each title, a row of dots when you hover over that. Click on those and you will see "Repair". Click on that and it will search for and validate that the title is in the location. Make sure your download folder is set the same directory as where the games are located. 

viveport.thumb.png.b7bea0a110a5749d134d34b62fa2ece3.png

Note that a lot of games have a startup file called "ViveportContent.exe".  Double click on this file to find out the name of the game this will start.  Then right click and hold that file, and drag it to a folder where you want your game icons, and click "Create shortcut here" in the move menu.  Give your new shortcut the name of the game that it starts.  I have all my Viveport startup icons in a folder I called Viveport VR.  Similarly, I have folders for Steam VR and Oculus VR.