Sign in to follow this  
Hoody Nynja

Request For Dark Mode

Considering how bright your blue font is on the Viveport Windows app, it would be great to have an alternate or "dark mode" theme option. I usually launch games right from the app rather than the Viveport environment, and it's much easier to use the app to shop, write reviews, etc.

@Hoody Nynja Happy to pass this request along to the Viveport PC client product team. That said, I think the color schema is intentionally white to differentiate from Steam/Oculus for both branding and legal reasons.

Thanks for the response and passing my request along! 

I totally understand the need for brand identity. With that said, many application offer different color schemes to allow for customization, including Windows. I'm not suggesting to change the "default" scheme, but rather to add options that make your product easier to use.

This request stems from allowing better accessibility for those with low vision, or other impairments that make low-contrast combinations difficult, or impossible, to read, as opposed to just a personal preference ;o)

As an example, the colors used here in your forums are much easier to read,  and would be a great option for the app, while keeping your branding aligned between the two platforms.

I do agree that Dark Mode is VERY nice to read. That's why when we laid out the forums, a dark theme was a must for Viveport.  I am all for this suggestion. As VibrantNebula said, we will send the suggestion to the team. Appreciate the feedback. 

The Original Series GIF by Star Trek