Sign in to follow this  
Bojacks

Cosmo Controllers for older models?

I didn't know where else to ask but why is there no support for the older models of the HTC Vive VR to use the HTC Vive Cosmo controllers? The older model controllers are just horrible for me and I can barely feel them unlike a thumb stick (Xbox Controller) where I can feel it more. I was hit by a car during a crosswalk and have nerve damage in my left hand but mostly my thumb and index finger so it's hard for me to use these. Is there any thing in the near future where this will change? I can't afford to buy the new HTC Cosmos just for the controllers. I was gifted the HTC Vive VR about a year or so ago so that is how I have one. I play most of my PC games on an Xbox controller and I love my HTC Vive VR but I have a really hard time using the older controllers and was so hopeful and happy when I first heard about these new controllers and thought they would have been supported by the older Vive models, what is the deal? I got excited so because of the new Half-Life Alyx game coming out and now I'm afraid I won't be able to play it to it's full potential.

If anyone could shed some light on this I will be very grateful, thank you.

Hi @Bojacks,

Due to how the Cosmos controllers work, they wouldn’t work with the Vive or Vive Pro unfortunately. They are made specifically to work the with inside out tracking that Cosmos replies on. If you are trying to find a replacement idea for the Vive wands, you might want to look into the Index controllers. They have the kind of Xbox feel that you would like. I’d also check and make sure they are compatible with the games you own. Some games don’t have proper mapping but many devs are on top of that so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue. 

12 hours ago, SuperNikoPower said:

Hi @Bojacks,

Due to how the Cosmos controllers work, they wouldn’t work with the Vive or Vive Pro unfortunately. They are made specifically to work the with inside out tracking that Cosmos replies on. If you are trying to find a replacement idea for the Vive wands, you might want to look into the Index controllers. They have the kind of Xbox feel that you would like. I’d also check and make sure they are compatible with the games you own. Some games don’t have proper mapping but many devs are on top of that so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue. 

Thanks for the info. I did some searching and just can't find anything on those index controllers for the Vive VR. I'm probably just blind and or having no luck but I'll keep searching. Thanks again.