Dicehunter

Viveport Origin - Any Plans For More Customisation ?

Posted (edited)

Had a bit of a play around in Viveport Origin, Visually it's beautiful but there's not much for the user to do in terms of customisation, I also own a Rift S and while the Cosmos is superior in terms of hardware, Oculus wins hands down when it comes to a "Home" that you can customise with a plethora of items that you can also earn through playing various VR games, Actions while in your home, Invite people over etc...

Do you guys at HTC have any plans on doing any of this ?

Edited by Dicehunter

I know its a personal preference thing but I dislike the Oculus Home environment (and SteamVR Home as well).  I have no desire to create a dollhouse.  I just want to get into a place that I can easily select which apps I want to open/buy/uninstall them.

The latest Oculus version 1.42 PTC (public test channel) allows you to finally go Homeless and I am loving it!  I really hope that Vive does not spend a lot of time allowing customisation of their Origin environment.  I'd rather they keep Origin simple and spend their time on more important things like VR performance and compatibility.