Sign in to follow this  
Se7en

If you could Design a Vive Game what would it be?

A game by me?

Theme: Zombies

Scenario: Apocalypse

Weapons: what you can find

Ground idea of the game:

You would have to explore, use the touchpad to move around in an open world. You are settled in a zombie apocalypse where you are trying to survive. You would have to find food, drinkable liquid and self-defense weapons. You can meet new people that would give you a quest or ask for help. If found caught up in a corner without a weapon, you should be able to use anything as a weapon; pipe, stone, rock, scissor, hands, wood, plank etc.

Wave racer jet ski would be amazing.

Sea always looks great in VR and the spray on the face going over the waves would be magic.

Also a crystal maze kinda game would be awesome (it's an old English game show look on youtube)

It's like many escape the rooms kinda feel.

At the end you go in a dome and collect gold tokens that fly around.

Also a crystal maze kinda game would be awesome (it's an old English game show look on youtube)

It's like many escape the rooms kinda feel.

At the end you go in a dome and collect gold tokens that fly around.

Yes the Crystal maze is perfect a few years before that was the Adventure game i would love to play the vortex in VR. Or am i showing my age too much. 

How about someone make Monolopy in VR with the ability to multiplay with others around the world.  

Part 2:

I think that a card game where when you play a card that has a creature on it, a creature appears on the battlefield. Kinda of like Yugioh, but with anything else like Pokemon or Magic the Gathering.

I'd like to see an old fashioned phone switch board. Where you take calls and use the plugs to connect them to the correct destination. It would get harder as more calls came in, then emergency calls would come through due to say a disaster/terrorist attack and you had to continue to connect all the calls correctly and efficiently.

Possible dialog from people making the calls containing some sort of story thread.

Wouldn't require much movement tracking as you would just be sat in the one spot using the motion controls to unplug and plug cords..

Id go the other way around id tell the games developers of existing games to make VR support. Especially emmersive games like the ones made by telltale games. Can you picture game of thrones or the walking dead on VR?

Another one of my options would be Star Citizen. Space exploration, FPS, dogfighting. What more could you want for VR support?

HTC Vive should partner up with them and start off at the ground floor of these two great game developing companies and be bigger and better than the other vr companies.

wrote:

Id go the other way around id tell the games developers of existing games to make VR support. Especially emmersive games like the ones made by telltale games. Can you picture game of thrones or the walking dead on VR?

Another one of my options would be Star Citizen. Space exploration, FPS, dogfighting. What more could you want for VR support?

HTC Vive should partner up with them and start off at the ground floor of these two great game developing companies and be bigger and better than the other vr companies.

I Like the ideas of making some games VR supported and dont you think this is a great time for developers to do something different thats not been done before. 

VR has opened the world to a fully immersing game until now i dont think that has ever been done. 

So lets get the developers to push the boundaries and create something different that you just cant do in 2d. 

The Dogfighting idea is and excellent expample of that. I played a Flight Sim set up on 3 monitors and a joy stick it was good and at the time its was great but now it looks febal and so dated. 

I have been thinking of some sort of mmorpg in the near future, nature has taken over the world again and there are only some small groups of people who managed to survive and they have started a small new civilization. You are one of the inhabitants of that civilization and like most mmorpg's, you can do quests and raids, ... The special thing about the game is that it would be based around your vehicle, and those would be big mech suits that you can pilot with the controllers (you can grab two handles that you can move around in all 6 axis in your cockpit and they should controll the arms, the touchpads will controll the locomotion only when you hold the handles). I have made some concept art for an assignment at school, you can see it here:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lNgKz

I have been thinking to team up with some friends who follow the programming course to do some vr stuff, but we haven't got the kind of money to invest in a vive (it is kinda expensive and especially in europe) so that will take a while.

I would write a game where it starts with you simply going to a REDBOX kiosk to rent a movie.. but you and it get zapped by lightning.

Then you spend the game recreating, doing, etc.. famous scenes from movies as your zapped from scene to scene.

For example;

Being in a hole being forced to put lotion on your skin.

Having birds chase you as you rush into a house.. then as they break the windows,  you race to the attic.

Follow candy into a shed where you meet E.T.

Swing from the trees as Tarzan

etc, etc, etc... Depending on licensing, you could do any scenes... Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc...

Only after going through the full rack of movies are you shocked back to life by an EMT.. unsure if it was real or all fantasy.

As a Brit, I remember The Crystal Maze! Isn't it coming back for a special this year, ?

And The Adventure Game... remember it too . We're both showing our age there. That would be kind of awesome. The plant and the game at the end.

You know now I think of it, the kid's TV show Knightmare actually kind of was a VR experience in a strange way. That's ripe for adaptation.