Sign in to follow this  
Se7en

If you could Design a Vive Game what would it be?

It's not very original, but I'd like to get a Hatsune Miku game into VR, so a rythmn game.

Using the controllers positions instead of the buttons to make her sing.

It's wasn't overly complex to get the MikuMikuDance models into Unity and then into VR. But just have to get the music and animation working correctly and then decide how to make the controllers actually interact properly and force the music to work as it should.

I would love to see Hogwarts School of Wizardry come to life. Even just to be able to explore the castle and grounds in their entirety, and watch characters and creatures do what they do. But to be able to interact with the characters and environment would be even better.

I think Jon Favreau's Gnome & Goblins preview shows how well that could be done, and it would also potentially be a huge boon to the Vive market. Parents could spend $5000+ on airfare, hotel, food, tickets, etc. to take their family to Harry Potter World in Orlando for one day, or they could spend $2,000 on a Vive and high end computer to bring that world into their home, accessible any time with no lines.

Like Neverwinter Nights...a roleplaying game construction engine where I can gamemaster for my friends. I would be able to summon creatures, items, locations and NPCs to tell stories, run combat etc.

A world building engine basically.

I had to look up Hatsune Miku,  - but that's actually a really good idea, now I reminded myself of what it/she is. (Here's the Wikipedia entry for anyone who's wondering.)

It's kind of surprising no-one's done a VR version of her. Here's the hologram video many of you might remember.

wrote:

I would love to see Hogwarts School of Wizardry come to life. Even just to be able to explore the castle and grounds in their entirety, and watch characters and creatures do what they do. But to be able to interact with the characters and environment would be even better.

Yes! I believe Warner Bros. are doing a 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' VR experience, but frankly, even if all they did was take the Harry Potter Studio Tour and put it in VR, that'd be worth checking out.

But yeah, I'd love to see the 'full' Hogwarts experience, with you going through the Sorting Hat, getting a wand, experiencing a feast, flying in Quidditch... and I'm not even a huge Harry Potter fan. :)

wrote:

Like Neverwinter Nights...a roleplaying game construction engine where I can gamemaster for my friends. I would be able to summon creatures, items, locations and NPCs to tell stories, run combat etc.

A world building engine basically.

So many developers want to do this... it's not a small endeavor! There was an attempt recently with something called Mythica VR which sadly didn't meet Kickstarter goals. If you're a dev out there working on this... holler! :)

Probably a Harry Potter game, mostly because visiting Hogwart in vr could be one of the most amazing things I can think of.

EDIT : Oops, I didn't read the other messages before answering, and just saw that AccidentalWisdom already answered something like that...

Still, I would love to see this and it's unfortunate that we probably won't be seeing a full Harry Potter vr game (with exploration of Hogwart, use of a wand to cast spells, etc...).

Hi,

I would like a game with asymmetrical (couch/online)-multiplayer. The person with the Vive will play an overpowered monster/character/creature and up to four players with different classes (with Gamepads/without HMD) try to escape from or defeat it. I think it would be a nice game for local(couch-party) or online play, so you can even play with people who don't have a vive. Maybe the four other players have a drop down sight and the Vive-User plays first person, so the game would combine a fps and a more rts-like gameplay. Like a cooler version of Evolve or Dead by Daylight^^. 

Another cool idea would be Black & White VR, another user already mentioned. =)

A Howards Castle Replica of Harry Potter World. With al the rroms, pcitures, ghosts and the daynight mode who makes the places most vive ;)

A hear something about the proyect maybe exits but never see some image or notice about.

Will be a great experience, with the secrets, events, magical teach, with the controllers will be amazing.

Got a few ideas, wanted to do them but have no idea how to make games. Trying to decide on what engine to learn.

Anyone played Magicka or Magicka Wizard Wars? 
Some sort of 1st person game where you can combine spells/skills to try to take out mobs or other players. Have like a button assigned to each element. Could have different effects like push controllers is to fire offensive and raise controllers up is to raise a shield,

Some sort of TCG like HEX or MTG. I've grown up with cartoons like Bayblae, YuGiOh and the like so anything like that would be cool now its actually possible. 

1st person Scribblenauts like game where you can call out items, weapons, pets for a dungeon crawler type game. Always imagined it as some NPC firing arrows at you and you scream sheild and 1 appears in your hand ready.

Also, I'v seen a lot of appartment simulators but with nothing that usefull in them. Maby like an apartment you can make yourself and decorate, then set interaction points with the TV to watch from a video folder on your machine. A bookcase that interacts with a folder full of PDF books on your machine. A Computer that you can sit in front of that is just a desktop port of the machine your on.