Sign in to follow this  
Se7en

If you could Design a Vive Game what would it be?

Oh just to add, for this game to feel right, there would need to be some form of speech recognition.

Hey I loved monkey Island, When I was 13, some 20 years ago, Now I think you need to be able to talk to charecters using a choice of dialouge, 

Just like fall out 3, Only you have to actually say your choice of response not just click on it!
This would be seriously cool! 

Playing 3D chess on VR. The main character as a King, ruling entire game from the height of the horse.
Al chequers as realistic as possible, and a chess board lay out in the beautiful mediaeval landscape created from the evenly cut grass.

I've always wanted a quality adaptation of the two major games in Ender's Game.
1: the fantasy-adventure rpg where you can take a bunch of different, unexpected actions. Goblins and gnomes seems like a step in that direction, but even more unique interactions would be amazing.

2: The battle room! first-person, zero-g, pvp. It would be an alternate form of locomotion using your hands, (something like Lone Echo's doing) . Good aim and reactions wouldn't be as important as skill in moving around. 

With so many possibilities, I'd love to see things besides traditional realistic fps games.

[EDIT] Looks like there IS a very battle-room-esque game through Lone Echo's 'Echo Arena' , so thats cool. 

I would love a game that you can pick environments to be in and then pick a natural disaster. See what would happen to a city you're standing in if a meteor were to hit, or a tsunami. A cool simulation idea, I think.

A VR God game. Playing Kittypocalypse, I realized a VR god game might be a decent idea. Not something like Age of Empires, but more like Black and White

I would pick a scenario, a story in which you can follow and interact with. A series of events happening in one location and you choose who you want to follow.
Follow person A cause he is the most awesome or follow Person B for the mystery and you want to know more about him/her.
That makes it a movie but if you can change certain events based on your divine actions or little help.
Sounds like a combination a game TellTale Games would make

A game where you drive a normal human avatar through a normal day from a 'cockpit view' similar to inside out... you occupy a cavernous skull shaped control room (like the deck of the enterprise) to drive the human. Game would be open world with various endings. Similarity narration and choices of the stanly parable. Like a giant hilarious human mech sim.

Here's a cool VR game idea I've been thinking about:

It's 1985 on a eerie moonlit night on the wooded back roads of a small suburban town. Only the occasional street light casts a glow on the bushes and pavement as a couple of high school sweethearts walk down the street, their car breaks down miles back while on their way to a halloween party. A thin fog lingers in the air and rolls over the blacktop.

You see the couple at the opposite end of the trail, backs turned, his varsity jacket lettering all that's visible on their distant silhouette as they walk out of sight and into shadows on the road ahead.

Just as they walk out of view, all goes silent... Only the shuffling of the leaves against a slight breeze and sound of frogs and crickets can be heard way off at a nearby lake.

Suddenly.... A jolting thud on the ground. It steps into camera view. It's been following them the entire time. From its posture and shape, you instantly know its alien or otherwordly. Only its piercing red eyes and thorn-like teeth can be seen as it cocks it head sideways, ever so slowly, peering straight into the camera, it's other features hidden within the cover of shadow. It peers back in the direction of the unfortunate young couple... And steps forward, exposing sicle-shaped claws as it stalks them, disappearing into the night.

It's a idea for a VR game that I thought about. The idea sprung from a thought of all the horror flicks and Halloween nights to the theme of the 80s, since they always seem to go hand-in-hand together. This VR experience would include traversing and rescuing a small town overtaken by numerous 80s-style horror flick creatures of the night, crazed killers from nightmares and nearby camps, grizzly ghouls from the graveyard, and living dead and demons from the underworld. A battle royale of the slasher/horror/thriller era for one unfortunate high schooler. Full room/motion tracking... Picking up chainsaws or shotguns and using them just as you would in real-time, torches, flares, flashlights, lanterns, lighting fires, etc. Alot of hand-control mechanics and challenges requiring you to move stuff around or build/utilize things with you hands (hiding spots, makeshift piles to get you places high up, gas generators). Alot of running, but alot hiding and fight-or-flight combat. Anything can be used as a weapon or tool in emergency. Open-world exploration, perhaps to extent of something like Alan wake-scale.

It'd be a dark parody/gory humor/horror set and themed to the era.

The game would be called "THRILLER".