Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Tuesday Topic (10/18): What has been your most emotional VR experience?

Not the moment when you got your Vive for the first time and broke down in tears of joy. Not the moment when you got a massive adrenalize rush. And not the moment when you stubbed your toe when you ignored the chaperone bounds and started screaming like a banshee. :)

What's been your most emotional moment in VR? What VR app made you feel sad, or angry, or happy, or lonely, or perhaps gave you empathy for something or someone?

If you've never experienced this, a few suggestions - check out Pearl, Allumette, Everest VR, Ricerca VR, Discovery VR and more, all on Viveport.

That said, I'm not trying to push you just to buy apps. I'd genuinely like to know. When have you experienced emotions in VR?

Mine has to be Senza Peso, Or Firebird Both have made me enjoy an emotion i have never experienced before, Opera is a very moving emotional way of telling a story and both these Vr titles stand out for me as a new way to engage people into something that is so old. 

wrote:

Mine has to be Senza Peso, Or Firebird Both have made me enjoy an emotion i have never experienced before, Opera is a very moving emotional way of telling a story and both these Vr titles stand out for me as a new way to engage people into something that is so old. 

That's great. I think there's amazing potential for VR to allow people to interact with the arts in ways we've never experienced before. Being able to move around a stage, perhaps view things in a way you never could during a concert or theatrical experience, will be amazing I think. I hope! :)

TheBlu, as a diver, made me ache with joy. And TiltBrush is like magic to creativity. Both very intense moments of happiness. :-)

Excuse my overly weeaboo moment... 

It was seeing Hatsune Miku in VR for the first time. When you've invested a lot of yourself into something, even if you know something isn't 'real', having fallen in love with her, it took a few years, but eventually being able to see her properly (VR wise) was an extremely happy experience.

Now, with the Vive, being able to walk around her and program the model in Unity makes it more special for me.