Sign in to follow this  
Se7en

Question Time. If you could change Just ONE Thing with the Current VR Market what would it be?

im sure a lot of you will say better displays, Lighter units etc for me,I would like more people playing. 
There are some really good multiplayer games and sometimes its hard to find players. 
I can live with everything else being as it is. 
So your Turn just Pick ONE THING

How are you old friend? Interesting question you're asking here ... I agree with you about the mass adoption and I guess the answer to that, is lower entry price. Not just the VR systems but, the pc components as well. I have pretty decent set up with i7 - 6700k, 32GB , 1080Ti and Vive Pro , and I must say I'm pretty happy with the overall experience I have. And yet I'm hungry for more... better everything. As you can guess that's a lot of money over the years , and I never regret spending it on my fav hobby so far, but you know I can afford it. With all bein said the first thing on the list would be tracking... I know  Vive's tracking should be 100%, but for some reason I have some issues with it, so perfect tracking would make me happy for a year with my current set up. 

I would like to hold the VR developer community to a higher standard for ergonomics specifically repetitive and unnatural motions as well as other input/output that is unkind to human biology. On a broader ecosystem scale, I would like to see more companies create content that actually utilize the unique affordances of 6DoF VR. 

Im Good  I think the price of VR is dropping especially with WMR units costing a few hundred $$$ now to buy. 
The Graphics cards are high because of Miners and i cant see that changing anytime soon. 
Glad your still having fun with VR 

Sounds REALLY dumb.. but if I could make one simple change.. it would be to add a filter option to separate SITTING VR games/apps and STANDING VR games/apps in Steam to separate groups easily. Now, I know some games can do both, etc.. but I find if I am tired of standing, I want to see my options, like Big Screen, VTOL VR, Balloon Chair, etc.. all my VR items that I can do while sitting and vice versa. RIght now that is a bit of a pain to set up catagories, etc...

Then if I had a second wish.. let me tell Steam to hide all my non-VR Steam content on my VR pc and vice versa. 

Overall.. I think the Steam client needs some work to make it more user friendly. 

Make the headsets a lot LOT lighter.  YThe vive for example isn't particular heavy but it is still too heavy.  If you have games where you have to learn forward and look down it falls off you head.

wrote:

The Graphics cards are high because of Miners and i cant see that changing anytime soon. 

tbh the mining phase it virtually over, and it was only resellers who had inflated prices, if you had options to buy from distrubuters directly the costs were the same as always.  Here is a screen shot I just took  of a 1080ti direct from distributer, as you see decent price, not affected by miners at all.