Sign in to follow this  
parsonsproject

How to clear out clutter in library

I have a bunch of expired games and others I have uninstalled. But they still show up in my library list. There needs to be a way to remove them from that list.

Also, there should be an auto-uninstall option for subscribed games which expire, it's a pain to have to go through old expired games to uninstall them.

Removing them from the library list is a feature that is coming in a future Viveport release! We don't do an auto-uninstall for subscription titles in case you select them again. Manual uninstallation shouldn't take much time.

Thank you!

-John C

"We don't do an auto-uninstall for subscription titles in case you select them again. "   - That's why you have it as an option that people can enable. By default it will remain, but if we opt to, we can auto-uninstall expired games.

The problem is when you get a library chock full of expired games on there all cluttered up, how do you know what you've already uninstalled and what is sitting there eating up space on your HD?

As  said, we're aware that this functionality is in high demand and it will be included in one of the upcoming client updates within the next month or so. 

They originally coded an implementation in the backend but hadn't implemented a front-end UI because at that point, both the back end and the front end architecture was rolling over to the Infinity architecture. 

In any case, we hope to fully deploy this feature to Infinity within 1 or 2 client update releases which translates into this feature being fully released somewhere around the end of April/Start of May.

I was able to find that the steam portion of how games are listed also list those that are in Vive.  If you delete or uninstall the game through the Vive Port Ap it will not show in the Steam library.  It can also be organized by recently played!  It is so much easier to sort games this way since Vive refuses to add features to fix this! :p