Sign in to follow this  
RedFusion

Steam VR fine but Vive platform won't work

I think I found the fix or solution. You have to have the viveport application running while you try to launch the game. This was the fix for me at least.

i´ve the same problem everything from steam is fine but if i try to start a game from viveport it wont work, it freezes in a white room.

I´ve also completly formated my pc and reinstalled every current driver and only steamvr and viveport, still same issue.

I was having the same issue, the viveport wouldn't launch. go into your files and select your pc, do a file search for "viveport" there is actually repair software that was installed on the initial installation. the file name is something along the lines of "viveport Desktop setup" its an application. go ahead and run it then select repair. itll reinstall viveport specifically and hopefully it gets working for ya!

Although Viveport and SteamVR both offer HTC Vive content, the services are hugely different from one another. Despite that SteamVR has a wide range of features tailored at gamers, Viveport is an unmissable location for more abstract experiments for the HTC Vive. 

You can search here for more information and make a decision: https://www.vrheads.com/steamvr-vs-viveport