Sign in to follow this  
RedFusion

Steam VR fine but Vive platform won't work

, I'm glad everything is working now, did you do anything specific that fixed your issue in case others may be facing similar issues? 

Only thing new I tried (after removing all games unplugging and reinstalling drivers) was installed one game at a time (not queued).

What do you mean by selecting the window? Just clicking on it on the monitor or how did you fix it? I have this problem with almost all my games :/

I have the same problem.

Steam VR programs are working fine, but Vive platform programs do not start.

Also If a Vive program is tried to start, my PC s running slowly. The task manager can be started, but it takes time. Using the task manager I can delete all vive related programs from memory and then the PC is OK again.

Is there already a good solution available ?

One thing you want to make sure, is that you disable your anti-virus or white-list Vive software (all of it) and make sure you're running the program (right-click, run as administrator) as an admin.

Thanks,

-John C

I am using the kaspersky virus scanner and I have disabled this before using a HTC Vive program.

Now it is starting without any prolems.

So the kaspersky virus program is conflicting with the HTC vive VR programs.

I am now trying to include the vive programs to the kaspersky trusted, but the problem is clear now.

Thanks for the tip.

A few days later, the problem reappeared:  the inability to launch SteamVr home and most steamVR programs. 

After several trials, trying to kill everythings running in background...I can certainly say , at least in my case, the conflic was generated by a software called Rivatuner statistcs server (as far as i know is called up by my MSI afterburner graphic card mangment software..) .

Inside the settings of Rivatuner there is an option called "Application detection level"; just bring it to "none"  and restarting steamVr, successfully restore steamVR Home and all other Steam Vr programs who did not start.

Hope can help, bye.

I might have a solution, it worked once so I'm trying again with a different game:

Viveport settings -> Default folder for viveport titles (I have a SSD for my OS and HDD for games, I changed the location from C:\Program Files blah blah to D:\MyViveportGames\)

Library -> uninstall game -> reinstall and check that it's in your games partition

Open Vr and try to run it. I used this method to get Plank experience working before, now trying with Windlands