Sign in to follow this  
Willits

In Box Redemption

Redeem a in box redemption code for infinity and it will not go to the next step unless a credit card/pay pal is given? Seems like Vive is hoping one forgets to cancel so they can bill later. Reminds me when the cable companies used to give free preview channels(without your permission) then start billing if you didn't tell them to take them off. Kind of a questionable tactic in my opinion.

@Willits - This is a standard verification procedure used by the majority of subscription/reoccurring services as well as trial-based offers. It has a three-fold primary purpose:

Firstly it helps prevent fraud/misuse of promotional offers (i.e. multiple resumptions) by tying it to a payment method which serves as an authentication method. Secondly, it ensures a seamless transition from a trial subscription to a paid membership without any disruption of service. Lastly, it serves a legal purpose in the back-end and as a unique identifier for authentication and account management.

Virtually every single free trial requires this step (i.e. Netflix, Audible, Hulu, Canva, Spotify, Play Music, Adobe CC, LinkedIn Premium, ect...). Viveport would actually be deviating from the norm by not requiring it - I actually can't think of a monthly service where you don't have to input payment details to redeem a free trial.

If you're not okay with converting it to a full membership, you just have to go into the console and cancel the membership before the trial is up - you'll still have access until your trial period ends.

Never had to do this with, Netflix, Google Play (music), Microsoft Store, iTunes or Steam. Could be because I did it years ago though. They do all offer a gift card option instead of credit card.  I never have given a credit card for any of those ever, and still do this today.  Maybe Vive should offer this option for the people who don't have or want to use their credit card for this type of subscription.